How much do you know about the Minneapolis Fed?
A short quiz about the operations of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
Published October 1, 1998 | October 1998 issue
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
This quiz was created for the Bring a Child to Work Day sponsored by the Banking Supervision Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. While these questions were designed for the kids, we thought our Community Dividend readers might enjoy learning a little more about the operations of the Reserve Bank.
1. How many employees work at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis?
2. Who is the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis?
A. Alan Greenspan
B. Gary Stern
C. Bill Clinton
3. What year were the Federal Reserve System and its Banks established?
4. How many Federal Reserve Bank districts are there in the United States?
5. Which district is represented by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis?
A. 5th District
B. 9th District
C. 12th District
6. How many branches does the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis have?
7. Where is the branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis located?
A. Fargo, North Dakota
B. Helena, Montana
C. Duluth, Minnesota
8. How much did the new Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis building cost?
C. $100 million
9. How much currency (cash) does the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis handle each day?
B. $47.5 million
C. $6.2 trillion
10. How many checks does the Bank process each day?
C. 2.8 million
11. How much unfit (old or worn) currency or cash does the Bank destroy each day?
FedQuiz Answer Key
B. $2.8 million
C. $5.4 million
- C) 1,200
- B) Gary Stern
- B) 1913
- B) 12
- B) 9th District
- A) 1
- B) Helena, Montana
- C) $100 million
- B) $47.5 million
- C) 2.8 million
- C) $5.4 million