Tours of the Minneapolis Fed
Experience the priceless opportunity to learn about the nation’s central bank and financial system. Observe how U.S. currency makes its way to your local bank. Find out what it means when the media says the Fed is setting interest rates. Discover how the work of the Federal Reserve affects you. Accompany a Reserve Bank employee on a free 75-minute walking tour of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis to learn about:
- The history and structure of the Fed
- The dual mandate from Congress of maximum employment and price stability
- Monetary policy tools used to influence available money and credit in order to maintain a healthy economy
- Regulatory and supervisory authority of financial institutions that promote a stable financial system
- Banking services to financial institutions and the federal government
For more information about available tours and to register for an upcoming tour, please select the appropriate tour type below.
Free guided tours for school, community, professional, and social groups of 5 to 50 are available Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm with advance registration.
Public Tours (June – October)
Free guided tours for individuals and families are available every Friday at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm between June and October with 24-hour advance registration.